Sunday, February 12, 2006

It WAS a romantic weekend

Deb wants me to acknowledge to the world that she was ready AHEAD of time and we left when I got back from giving a lecture at Northwestern University at 3:25 p.m.

It was a nice weekend. Earthrider in Brodhead, Wisconsin was a great place to stay (see link below). We watched the Olympics in the evening, and the funny romantic comedy "Fever Pitch", which is about an obsessed Boston Red Sox fan.  I indulged my own obsession by biking up the Sugar River Trail to Swiss-themed New Glarus, where Deb and I ate sauerbraten at the New Glarus Hotel and walked around most of the town. I biked back, the the path wasn't frozen over any more and it was soft; I spent a few miles on the roads. This was good because I got a chance to get some hills in and see more territory.

Sunday we went back up to New Glarus to walk around again. We bought some local rhubarab wine, then headed home. I'm working on laundry and bills now and heading to the grocery in a bit, so I won't start the week behind on chores.

No comments: