Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Biker Valentine Weekend Getaway

I was the high bidder at the Chicagoland Bicycle Federation auction for a weekend at Earth Rider Hotel and Bicycle Shop, in Brodhead, Wisconsin.  It's a small hotel, with all the suites named after multiple winners of the Tour de France. I'm staying in the Bernard Hinault suite, although it possible that Greg Lemond will want the room before I'm done with it (there's a cycling joke hidden in there).

The hotel is right at the start of the Sugar River Trail, which runs to Swiss-themed New Glarus. http://www.earthridercycling.com/

My wife doesn't cycle, so this is more likely to involve walking around sightseeing. Luckily it is off-season for the antique shops, since we have enough junk. Perhaps I can get a few miles in if I let her sleep in during the morning.

It will be good to get out of the routine a bit and get out of the city together.

No comments: