Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Onion fact-checks?

I was interviewed by a free-lance writer earlier this year, who didn't get proper contact information from me. I'm quoting from his request:

" The editors I'm working with need contact information for
people I'm quoting, just for fact-checking purposes. Can I get phone
numbers from : Joe ____, Dave ___, Mike Kruger. I moved all the way up here and then realized I didn't have their info. My fault entirely. ... I've got a good shot
at getting this ... story published in a local magazine this
fall. .... I've recently moved to Madison to take a job with the Onion."

Is he hinting I'm about to be in The Onion? Surely he can't. That would mean The Onion does fact-checking! I thought that was the type of thing only the Boston Globe and the New York Times and such did  -- or maybe now it is only The Onion that fact-checks?

Of course, I didn't see anyone else with this story:  http://www.theonion.com/content/node/51848

 

UPDATE: Scott informs me that, while he works for The Onion, the story is being written for a Chicago-area magazine.

No comments: