Wednesday, January 7, 2004

2003: a good year for bicycling

Highlights:
I achieved my New Year's resolution to do a century in every month (metric
OK if below freezing).
I finally did a brevet (OK, so it was only the 200K brevet, but ...)
Touring: a 7 day, 650+ mile trip from Kalamazoo, MI to Petoskey, MI and back home to Chicago. This was a wonderful trip -- no rain, no flats, and no negative incidents I can recall.
I finally went mountain biking at Kettle Moraine Forest in Wisconsin this fall. I got a 1-day UCI licence and entered a cyclocross race. Both were great fun (even finishing 39th out of 43 in the race).
Mileage: 5079 (a new high for me).

2004 goals:
Fewer miles. I'm using up most of my annual vacation on a trip abroad, and I want to do more volunteer rehabilitation work in the local forest preserves.
My resolution is not to obsess about the lower mileage.
On the other hand, doing a 300K brevet would be an interesting goal, too. ;)

No comments: