Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Chase reluctant to give me my money, part 2

In a previous entry, I noted the difficulty I had getting OUR money from a matured CD out of Chase Bank:

http://journals.aol.com/mikekr/ZbicyclistsZlog/entries/750

So, last Friday I had another one that had renewed. Given wise advice from my wife, I decided to try a different branch.

Different branch, same experience. [Well, this time, I didn't lose my temper but it took even longer, about an hour and fifteen minutes from the time I first asked to get my money. I'm not counting wait time.] Obviously, Chase wants to make the experience of getting your money out so painful that you will renew the CD's even though their rate is over 1% lower than competition.

So, it's obviously not the banker him/her self. And it's obviously not the branch. It must be the entire bank. I plan to continue my current policy of moving CD's and other accounts from Chase as they mature.

No comments: